So I just gained a follower a few moments ago with the name maartin4life
LISTEN TO ME
WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU DO
THEIR FUCKING PAGE
I JUST OPENED IT AND MY AVAST ANTIVIRUS TOLD ME THAT THERE WAS A FUCKING TROJAN HORSE
Amen to this
Street harassment is not a compliment.
Finally someone made a comic about my exact feelings
“i am a woman and this is offensive to me because i am routinely told by society that if i don’t take my clothes off for other people then i am worth nothing” we say
“i think i know a thing or two about how movies work” stephen lunsford says
falls over laughing
(this is in response to my rant here on that guy who told his school-career-long quest for this girl who clearly didn’t want him when she whined about guys (like him!!) being dicks aka the original internet Nice Guy™)
i see ur “but she was rude” and raise u one “we only saw his side of the story.”
of course he’s not going to include the parts where she told him no in the beginning because hi that would reveal him for the super creepy butt zit that he is but let’s do a little reading between the lines here and i’m just gonna say right here, let’s look how many times he mentioned her wants and desires
here’s this guy who, we don’t know whether there’s a history with zoey at this point or not, but she did not ask to be his science partner, he had to, in his words, beg the teacher to pair them up. what do u suppose he meant by “come round,” by the way? u don’t invite someone to come round to the library, u suggest to meet up at the library or the cafe or some public spot. where someone “comes round” to is ur house. once asking and denied, okay that’s fair, but instead of work out a place where they could meet, y’know, like a rational and studiously-minded noncreep, he proceeded to try the same thing five times and then passive aggressively do the whole project rather than work with her on her terms.
times zoey’s wants are considered: 0.5 (i’ll give him half a point for sharing that she did say no to him… five times)
after the failed science class ploy (where, need i remind you, he invited a girl to his house five times after being repeatedly told no), he saw fit to send her three valentines. note the “i tried to be romantic,” can also be read as “i tried to be romantic” or “i tried to be romantic” either of which can be easily translated into the truth, which is “u rejected my more outright amorous valentine-coated advances once so rather than take it like a champ i tried again and then one more time until u realized there would be gifts regardless and disposed of them as u saw fit” because you don’t give someone three valentines do u see how that would happen is if the first two were rejected but that somehow wasn’t good enough
times zoey’s wants are considered (to date): 0.5 no points this round sorry bucko
it’s important to note here that he found her at the disco already. she was there independent of his being there, likely with friends or (!!!!) possibly with a date (!!!!) but we don’t know because again, this is only his side of the story !!! so he corners her at the school dance. after the science project and the three valentines, she has clearly realized that “no” just does not work on this guy and feels the need to (!!!!) secretly leave the dance she came to on her own (!!!!) and he lurked for two hours he lurked that is lurking
times zoey’s wants are considered (to date): 0 i’m revoking ur half point that’s disgusting dude
so we’ve now got a total of nine rejections on toby’s scoreboard, that’s impressive. let’s recount: five times he tried to get a girl to his house, three times after that he gave her valentines, and one time he forced her out of what was supposed to be a nice night with friends. he thinks maybe his game isn’t good enough, his game of disregarding every signal he’s been given because clearly if he just plays the right cards she’ll fall into his lap. so he brings big money into the picture. because if she didn’t want to go to his house or even dance with him then she’ll definitely want to spend quality time alone with him at a concert where, depending on the band and the venue, things get notoriously shifty. that’s gonna work. since zoey is now painfully aware that toby will give her things no matter what she does, and, hey, she really loves this band they are great, she won’t let his creepiness spoil this one and gets that lovely night out with friend that he took from her the night of the dance. because hey, free shit is awesome, concerts are great, and she feels hella safer with her friend than she does in the general vicinity of toby
times zoey’s wants are considered (to date): 1 i’ll give u point for knowing what her favorite band is i guess
and now, finally in year 11 he gets the picture that she just isn’t into him. hijacks her status about dudes being dicks, failing to realize that he’s been a dick this whole time, to spew his Nice Guy™ crap in the most vilifying way possible, considering her wants a total of, give or take, one (1) time over the course of four (4) years of one-sided courtship (spoiler: that’s called creeping actually). so yes, sometimes girls are dicks, but sometimes guys just don’t know how to take “no” for an answer in its MANY many forms, feel entitled to any girl they choose, see it as a game, and then get pissed when they lose.
at what point does a girl stop being societally obligated to play nice? at what point are a girl’s feelings of security more important than some dudebro’s shitty ManFeels? at what point can a girl finally stick up for herself against these aggressions and be justified? i say the answer to all of these is: whenever she damn well pleases. if he can ignore her feelings and continue to harass her then she can be “a bit rude” and get away with it.
in short, you fucking go, zoey jones. toby walters is a disgusting self-centered rape-culture-trained ingrown pubic hair. in short, “Im so sick of boys being such dicks” is the most beautiful thing in the world and I want to get it tattooed down my forearm so it’s the last thing boys see as my elbow connects with their creepy little faces. in short, four for you, zoey jones.
A thing that really bothers me is that this dude hijacked her status and did his little Nice Guy™ rant and it has gotten so ridiculously popular, with the vast majority of people siding with this creep and painting her as some evil, heartless harpy. It pisses me off so much to think that people at her school may have seen this and may torment her for this , while cheering on this asshole who couldn’t take a hint. People may torment her for years because of this selfish little douchenozzle, and that is an absolutely terrible thought.
^I’ve seen reports that this post is fake (e.g. the actual people behind the accounts don’t exist/didn’t actually create the posts), so hopefully you don’t have to worry about some actual girl being tormented about this IRL.
As for the post - creepy nice guy syndrome all the way down, and it actually reminds me of this 40-year-old guy in my grad school class who spent all four years sexually harassing most of the women in our class. One thing that all potential Zoeys should remember: if he gives you cards (particularly cards with creepy messages inside them), don’t throw those cards away, save them, because establishing a pattern for sexual harassment is super-important if you ever need to file a report. Actually, when put from Zoey’s POV, Toby has actually just laid out a nice long record of 5-6 years of sexual harassment.
For anybody who actually likes the Toby post, here’s a hypothetical flip-side look at this (assuming that neither Toby nor Zoey above are real people, and therefore creating my own fictional situation based off of Toby and Zoey above. Call it Toby-and-Zoey fanfic if you want, or just another possible take on this.)
- In year 7, he badgered the teacher into making us science partners. I requested a different partner, but Mr. Rengis said that it’s important that I need to learn how to work with everyone, even people I don’t get along with. Mr. Rengis wouldn’t listen when I told him about how Toby’s been badgering me, and said “It just means he likes you!”
- Toby refuses to work on the science project anywhere outside his house. When I ask if his parents are going to be home, he says, “We’ll be in the basement…or maybe my room, so they won’t bother us.” And then he winked, ewwww. He’s slimy and inappropriate when we’re in school together, so there’s no way in hell I’m working on this in his freaking house.
- I do as much of the project as I can on my own, but apparently he’s already turned the project in. So now my name is on a bunch of work I didn’t do, and I have no idea what’s in Toby’s project because he wouldn’t show it to me unless I went to his house. Shit.
- In year 8, he keeps sending me Valentine’s Day cards. The messages in them are sexually suggestive and generally pretty awful. I’m not keeping any of these! (A friend said I should show a teacher, but what if they think I asked for it?) I made him take them back.
- He also gave me chocolates. Well, no use in wasting good chocolate; I’ll share them with my friends. Giving him the valentines back should have showed him I’m not interested; I tried to be nice about it so people won’t think I’m a bitch, but I don’t know if he got the message. Maybe I should’ve given the chocolates back, but they were a present, right? And I deserve something like chocolate for putting up with all this bullshit.
- In year 9, I went to the dance with friends. Toby still hasn’t gotten the picture, and he cornered me and keeps asking to dance and acting like he’s my date. I don’t want to dance with him, I just want to go back with my friends. And the more he hangs around me, the more people are going to think we’re dating. I don’t like this at all, and I don’t know what to do. He just doesn’t take no for an answer. I tell him I’m going to the bathroom, but I just leave, because I don’t want to have to spend the night with him following me around acting like my date when I already told him I didn’t want to go with him in the first place! Some of my friends even think it’s funny, and some of them are telling me I need to give him a chance, but I know I don’t like him and I just want him to leave me alone.
- I go home and cry because my dance has been ruined.
- In year 10, he gave me a present - concert tickets. And then he said as payment for the present I would have to go with him. I’m tired of being nice, so maybe if I do something direct he’ll finally get the message that I’m not interested and he needs to leave me alone.
- I take the tickets. I do not take him to the concert. (And why would I, when he’s realllly clear about what he wants to do after the concert, and he’s insisting on driving which means that he’ll have complete control over when we go and when we leave and where we go when we leave, and I do not want to get raped by this creepy douchecanoe. So I’m taking his fucking tickets and enjoying the concert, because I deserve something for 4 years of continuous harassment.
- Ugh, he still won’t leave me alone. And now he’s calling me an ungrateful bitch for taking the tickets. I guess I’ll vent to my FB so my friends can support me.
- WHY ARE GUYS SUCH DICKS?
- and now Toby sweeps in, hijacks the post, and makes it all about him. this has always been all about him. i’ve always been an object, something to be pursued, something that’s going to give in if he harasses me long enough - and people are applauding him for it!
- fuck this noise
Seriously, virtually every woman in my graduate school class was sexually harassed by one 40-something douchecanoe - and I’m sure that that dudebro, who is in his forties, both applauds and identifies with Toby. (Hell, I could see him making a post exactly like this one.) Which is why my response to this is so long and so angry - because so many people are applauding it and failing to understand that Toby is probably the reason Zoey is asking that question in the first place, and that everybody else’s “yeah toby!!! you show her!!” responses is not giving fictional Zoey a lot of hope re: the rest of the world.
Even though this is fake, there are a ton of people who agree with Toby and sympathize with him and don’t take the time to see Zoey’s side - and there are a lot of Zoeys in this world.
If somebody doesn’t want to go out with you, get over it. Chasing them for 6 years = stalking and harassment. It does not = being romantic, because it is not respectful.
If you want to start a relationship with somebody, you have to respect them first.
When I was a kid, you know I immigrated to the States in 1978, and I’m six years old and watching TV and I didn’t see any Asians on television. And you turn on Star Trek and there’s this Asian guy not chopping anybody up. He’s honorable, a helmsman of a spaceship, and it was a big, big deal for me to see that and have a role model.
supernatural x hannibal crossover
Page 1 of 563